Monday, March 10, 2008

Corruption... Only at New York!!!!

If there's one place that's got everything... It's New york city.

I couldn't believe my ears when i heard a shuttle driver ask me 10 bucks to drive me to a building within JFK airport. Else, he said i could wait an hour if he had to go by the timetable.

Now, this guy was guyanese, and of indian descent. Either i made him feel like he was back home or maybe he thinks he's still in guyana.

Doesn't the larger attitude towards law and order prelavent in the greater america not permeate the concrete jungle? Do third world tendencies to corrupt stay the same if a person has to fend his way amidst a heavily populated city? I'm pretty sure that the same person, had he been in suburbia would do as he is told, and not get too creative.

Maybe, the affinity to corrupt stays hidden amongst the wishy washiness of a fair system, and is perhaps a basic part of human group dynamics.

No comments: